As a long time Yogi, I would describe POUND® as “Yoga on steroids”. I might often be heard saying something like “Sometimes getting my Zen on requires beating out all my frustration and aggression through POUND®.”
POUND® was introduced to me at a time I needed a little extra something to help me deal with the loss of my oldest son. Since then, I’ve been POUNDING my way through grief and sorrow and other difficult emotions and feeling stronger and more resilient than ever before.
I fully value, admire, and adhere to the core values of this unique workout set forth by POUND®’s creators. As described by poundfit.com:
“Channel your inner rock star with this full body cardio-jam session inspired by the infectious, energizing, and sweat-dripping fun of playing the drums! As a community, we believe that we have the ability to inspire a nation, to turn the fitness world on its head, and to truly find alternative ways to ROCK. We aspire to change minds before bodies and use beat and alternative movement to launch people to new heights of self worth, happiness and human connection. AKA, release their INNER ROCK STARS. Designed for all fitness levels, POUND® provides the perfect atmosphere for letting loose, getting energized, toning up and rockin’ out! The workout is easily modifiable and the alternative vibe and welcoming philosophy appeals to men and women of all ages and abilities.”
Wednesday 9:00 am – Channel your inner rockstar with this full-body cardio jam session inspired by the infectious, sweat-dripping fun of playing the drums. Instead of listening to music, you BECOME the music in this exhilarating, full-body workout that combines cardio, conditioning and strength training with yoga and pilates-inspired movements. Cool down afterward with a few minutes of gentle, passive Yoga to bring balance and restoration and make recovery time sweeter.
Use your class card of 10 or 25 visits or your Membership Plus Subscription toward this class!
- POUND – Rockout. Workout® is also offered as a Private Session in studio for those who need extra attention or support during their workout. Or, if you prefer to privately Rockout live online, we can do that, too!
- You can also schedule a Private Group POUND – Rockout. Workout® session to be performed at your chosen location.
- If you are a fitness studio owner interested in hosting POUND® instruction for your clients, I’d love to collaborate with you!
- POUND® is also a great exercise to introduce to kiddos, so teachers and parents looking for a way to introduce rhythm and cross over patterns that help with braing function, I want to talk with you!
- When presented in modified form, POUND® is also great for dementia and Parkinson’s Disease patients!
What would a drumming workout be without drumsticks? Designed specifically for POUND, these unique, lightly weighted exercise drumsticks have been specially designed to get you ripped — hence the name: Ripstix®! They’re made of durable plastic and can go through airport security — so take our Ripstix® anywhere you go!
Feel free to join my Facebook Group to connect with other Rock Stars, and let’s build an encouraging supportive community in which we all can POUND – Rockout. Workout® to the beat of our own drums!